Realistic rendering using Blender.
This was my final project for Informática Gráfica at Universidad Carlos III de Madrid during my semester abroad. The assignment was to create a realistic rendering using Blender. I took a picture of my desk as the reference image because I thought it had a nice mix of lighting and materials. I used several other reference images from top and side views to help accurately position and size the objects.
One of the hardest parts about the project was deciding how to break up the scene into chunks that I could reposition and edit later. I didn’t want to simply place all the geometry into the scene, instead I made a handful of scenes (e.g. one for the lamp, one for the wall, etc.) and linked them into the main scene. Getting the glass material to look right took a long time too.
Overall, this project taught me the fundamentals of modeling, texturing, and materials in Blender. It also taught me some tricks on how to build complex scenes in a nondestructuve way.